Post Graduate Centre, Nottingham University Hospitals, Queens Medical Centre, Derby Road, Nottingham, NG7 2UH
The course is aimed at qualified Respiratory Clinical Physiologists, doctors in training, Respiratory Physiotherapists and Respiratory Nurse Specialists. It may also be suitable for trainee respiratory Clinical Physiologists who have completed ARTP Part 1 and are working towards their ARTP Part 2 qualification.
Course Aims and Objectives:
This course aims to review respiratory muscle function in health and disease, describe the available techniques for examining respiratory muscle function, discuss the selection of clinically appropriate assessment techniques and demonstrate their practical application
- Understand the methods of measurement of common lung function tests
- Understand the technical limitations and common errors of the measurements
- Report respiratory muscle tests logically and concisely
- Respiratory Muscle Action
- Causes of Respiratory Muscle Weakness
- Indications for Respiratory Muscle Testing
- Mouth Pressures - Technique
- Mouth Pressures - Interpretation
- Peak Cough Flow
Upcoming ARTP Courses
- No upcoming event found.